Thursday, September 2, 2010

Motivation...

...I needz sum!

Confession: I have a total lack of motivation lately. Well, not "I can't get off the couch and do anything" lack of motivation but it is starting to become more noticeable.

The other day I realized that I had only tested myself twice. ALL DAY! Luckily that day has not repeated itself but still.

I'm not sure what happened that day. Maybe I have a bit of burnout. Maybe I'm making excuses and I'm just being lazy. Either way this needs to stop. PRONTO.


Some days I feel like a Diabetes Drill Sergeant is needed. Of course, not every single day but enough to get me back on track.


Here are some September Goals I'm setting for myself:

  • Turn back on the reminder on my pump to test 2 hours after last bolus. This reminder makes my pump (Animas Ping) vibrate to remind me to test.  This alone is key. It helps me catch highs before they are out of hand.  
  • Lower the high alarm on my dexcom. I need to catch high before they are too high and harder for me to get down.
  • Basal Testing. My overnight basal is a mess. I'm either fighting lows all night or I'm fighting highs. 
  • Blog more. When I'm writing about diabetes I tend to take better care of myself. I don't let diabetes take a back seat.
I have lots of other goals I would like to set but I'm going to stick with those right now because I need to feel like I can actually accomplish something.

What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to tell you about my new book, How Sweet It Is: Living and Learning from Diabetes. It examines the illness from a multi-dimensional perspective -- namely the physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual worlds. I can be reached at dreamguru36@gmail.com. The book is available online through Ingram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mentioned that you get diabetes "burnout" is that both physically and emotionally?

    ReplyDelete