Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Traveling with Diabetes

Tonight Steve and I are meeting at the airport and taking off on Steve's 30th Birthday Surprise Trip. He has no idea where I am taking him. Since he doesn't know where we are going I need to do his packing. He's going to pull out some of the basic (boxes, undershirts, ect) but I need to do the rest for him. He is a lot easier to pack for then me and my plethora of diabetes supplies, clothing, and shoes.

We are only going to be gone for 4 nights and 4 days so I won't need that much extra supplies but you can never be too careful.

Diabetes supplies for the trip:
My supplies include:
  • Meter
  • Back-up meter
  • Batteries (for pump and meter)
  • Test strips
  • Alcohol swabs/skin-tac
  • Medical tape
  • Pump Resivours
  • Infusion Sets
  • Novolog insulin
  • Lantus insulin for emergency
  • Syringes 
  • Symlin
  • Pen needles
  • CGM (Dexcom Seven Plus)
  • CGM Sensors 
  • Dexcom Charger
  • Pump (of course!)
  • Glucose Tabs (ugh, hate them but easy to travel with)
I am so excited for this trip I can hardly contain myself. It has been so hard keeping this a secret from Steve for as long as I have (bought tickets 3 months ago but have been planning for at least 6 months.) I hope my diabetes cooperates with me during this trip!

What supplies do you take with you when you travel?

1 comment:

  1. It's bad enough we women overpack but diabetes just makes it worse. And I'm with you on sugar tabs - yuck! Although they've saved me many many times. Why can't they taste like something other than chalk?!

    ReplyDelete